Establishing Your Child’s Dental Home
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry encourages parents and other care providers to help every child establish a dental home by 12 months of age. Establishing a dental home provides some key components to dental care for your child including…
• Comprehensive oral health care including acute care and preventive services.
• Individualized preventive dental health program based upon
a caries-risk assessment.
• Anticipatory guidance regarding growth and development.
• Plan for acute dental trauma (emergencies).
• Dietary counseling.
• Referrals to dental specialists when care cannot directly be provided within the dental home.
• Referral at an age determined by the patient, parent, and pediatric dentist.